Ok, WHO LET ME HAVE A SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT AS A KID??
Because I went through all my past tweets and wow… Lol, a majority of what I tweeted about was homework being boring and school seemingly never-ending. To be honest, this young girl did not know stress even though she was complaining 24/7.
So, I’ve been doing this thing where I gather all my quotes and put it in a journal because I want it to all be in one place. I did this for all my poems on Tumblr and now I did it for my Twitter.
But guys… I did not expect all my tweets to be so cringe-worthy, funny, etc. I literally had those two emotions the most reading through all of them like “I said that?”
But Young Rebecca was as deep in her feelings almost as much as this Rebecca. Why? I don’t know… fanfiction maybe? I watched A LOT of rom-coms as a kid.
But I also was… psh was, I still am, not to be egotistical ya know lol. But I was funny as a kid like I am now *attempts hair-flip* But the funny tweets I have saved for another day because this is… *drum-roll*
THE DEEP EDITION OF YOUNG REBECCA’S TWEETS:
Lol, most of these originate as early as 2012. Buckle in because most of these, I don’t even know what I was going through to be tweeting something like this as a kid but here we gooo… (I might add little comments in between)
ITALICIZED AND BOLD: Young Tweeter Rebecca
NORMAL TEXT: Present Rebecca (Wow, I don’t get any special fonts or such? … sorry it would be confusing. Am I arguing with myself? …Possibly… Because it relates to the rest of this post like how I’m talking to my younger self, ya see how I fit that in? Just get on with the post bruh… ok lol)
- “i guess people don’t look on the inside. they’re too focused on the outside to care.”
- I knew this was a good tweet because one of the “popular kids” who used to follow me (who rudely unfollowed me) retweeted this and I got excited. It’s kinda sad what excited me back then but I really like the quote. It deserves snaps like after a poem… ok I’ll stop.
- “i do hate you but i don’t want to let go of you.”
- The funny thing is, I honestly have no idea who this is about. The date of this tweet was before my 1st major crush soooo… really have no idea lol.
- “am i talking to you, or a stranger? do I still know you? or have we forgotten each other? did i really know the real you? we’ve drifted apart?”
- It’s coincidental how relatable this is at the moment.
- “when it seems like it’s not reality, i wake up from the dream of life and fantasy.”
- I really don’t though lol
- “if you couldn’t care less, then why are you thinking about it now?”
- Damn. Is Young Rebecca coming for my life?
- “if it feels like your world is crumbling and nobody loves you, God loves you no matter what”
- Too true though. My faith strong since the young days.
- “there isn’t a time when i don’t think of memories.”
- “i was saying you should come back now i’m singing “you shouldn’t come back”
- Anyone know the Demi Lovato song, “Shouldn’t Come Back?”
- “there can be more than one side of a person.”
- DON’T I KNOW
- “how do you figure something out if you don’t know where to start?”
- “closing your eyes won’t make the problem go away.”
- “i miss the person that you used to be.”
- “please stop changing.”
- This was when I was in my “I hate change” phase
- “the moon will follow us home.”
- The start of my love and obsession for the moon. Basically it’s where our love story began lol
- i would’ve smiled at your face but that would’ve been too much for me to take.”
- FOLLOW YOUNG REBECCA’S ADVICE, REBECCA
- “it’s like the past is repeating itself.”
- It is though. This is why I need to read and re-read these.
- “you knew what you were getting yourself into.”
- Yeah… I did. It’s like Young Me is scolding present me
- “i’ve literally made it so obvious… you might as well be oblivious.”
- *cough* Phoenix *cough* but really how oblivious that boy is… I can’t
- “i don’t want to get lost in the dark.”
- “i’d wait all day just for a moment.”
- It’s sad how true this still is
- “i wish i could go back in the past and whisper, “wrong person.”
- yes, Yes, YES
- “just when i was starting to get to know you, you leave.”
- “you never know what you can find when you start exploring your options.”
- “we would remember that day like it was yesterday.”
- “secrets are dangerous. telling the wrong person will lead to disaster and it’ll kill you inside.”
- “i don’t want a stupid coincidence haunting me forever.”
- Hi Overthinking, how are you doing today?
- “i miss you too but you’re not what i want anymore.”
- “at this point can you just tell me if you like me or not? Please, it’s killing me.”
- Relatable, at this very moment
- “if only i was that piece of special for you but i never was and i have to accept that.”
- ERGHhghhhhh this makes me cringe. Because I wrote this unsent letter to my very first MAJOR crush and burned it. My friend told me to write it because it helped her because she wanted to get over someone too. And so I put like lines from the letter on my twitter because he followed me on twitter and I hoped he would see it eraskldfsjdls I still cringe. The next two are quotes from that letter too. I was in deep. I didn’t even have one real conversation with this guy. But can you blame me? It was middle school lol
- “we never said goodbye but we didn’t have to because we felt it.”
- “there will always be a vacant space in my heart for you.”
- “there’s a star out there destined for you and your wishes.”
- “what about a person who lies about their lying?”
- THEY NEED TO LEAVE THEN bye
- “someday those eyes that i fell for are gonna be the eyes that i envy.”
- “i wish i was stronger. Mentally, not physically.
- This was during the time I actually realized that strength was more than just muscles. I’m really proud of how far I’ve come.
- “it’s hard to believe that certain things are real sometimes.”
- “do you remember me? or am i just a faint memory?”
- “there are people you thought would never hurt you. yet, that’s all they do nowadays.”
- “you never really had to go… you just didn’t want to stay.”
- “i finally figured out that every compliment you give me comes with an insult.”
- “when i’m away from the harbor, i need an anchor.”
- “hearing you insult someone else makes me wonder what you say behind my back.”
- This tea tastes really good
- “you used past tense. meaning we aren’t anymore. not like we were anything.”
- “everyone has the path that they’re walking on. i’m still trying to figure out which way to go and where mine leads.”
- Still haven’t figured it out
- “i’m done telling this story. i want a new story to tell.”
- “people left. i had to change, it was the only way that i could move on.”
- And now I accept change. It’s cute how I can see my development lol
- “i didn’t come all this way for nothing.”
- No you didn’t 🙂
- “the only thing i’m holding onto right now is hope.”
- I remember I tweeted this the night I realized I was only still alive because of hope and I should keep holding onto it.
- “i look at my past as a journey of the person i’m becoming.”
- And sometimes a journey of my cringe developing but mostly the first one
- “i would rather regret something i did do, than something i didn’t do.”
- “the camera can never capture the true beauty that you see through your eyes.”
- “the one person you don’t want to see is suddenly the only person you ever see.”
- “treading shallow water is too easy. the big waves are your competition.”
- “let it rain for a while, i’m getting a rainbow afterward.”
- “it doesn’t feel real. whenever things change, it doesn’t seem real.”
- “the funny thing is, no matter what you do or have done to my heart it’ll always find a way to forgive you and your bs.”
- Hey look, this Rebecca is more recent lol
- “why did you have to bring the rain?”
- “i should’ve just let you focus.”
Lol, I honestly thought I would cringe more but it was more like Younger Rebecca was giving me a lesson and coming for my life. Now I’m picturing a young me at a classroom blackboard with a pointer stick while present me sits in a chair listening (and a bit scared)… my imagination is… But there ya go! There’s deep young Rebecca for ya! I hope you learned something from her because I sure did. This post was really fun to write, be sure to look out for the FUNNY edition of this blog post which is coming soon (she says hopefully)