So… Where do I start?
Hi! It’s honestly hard to write an “I’m back” message without sounding cringey or too cliche.
I don’t know if anyone really remembers me, I mean it’s been like 6 months. It feels like a lifetime on my end.
But, hey, it’s Rebecca also known as hopelesslystrong.
Remember the last time I typed a couple of posts I just came back from an unplanned break and said I would try to be consistent?
Well… I completely failed and took another long break. But this has been the longest break I have ever taken away from my blog.
It wasn’t planned but at the same time, I could tell it was coming.
Not because of anything personal or anything I was just really busy at the time.
It was the last home stretch of my senior year of high school. So much was happening to me, mentally and physically, while I still had school and applying to colleges on my plate. I also had to study for exams because they were 4 months away. Prom, graduation, keeping up my grades.
Let me tell you, a lot has happened in these past few months.
Should I catch you up?
- I turned 18 in December. I was still around by then but I never wrote a post about it.
- I am NOT crushing on anyone. Phoenix is in the past. He turned out to be a lying jerk and I’m happier without him. But of course, some days are better than others. My overthinking is of course still there. And maybe that story will be something I talk about or don’t.
- My friend started a personal Instagram for my singing. I’m still kinda working on it. But if anyone wants a mutual follow, just ask! It’s kinda weird seeing people I know on Instagram when before I only had a photography account (which is still thriving… just need to stop being lazy)
- I kinda have an alter ego now. Her name is Bex. She’s kinda the Sasha Fierce to Beyonce. I transform into her in front of the camera and I’ve learned to embrace my inner beauty, not only in front of a camera but in my everyday life too. I started smiling with my teeth… which is something I was too self-conscious to do before.
- I learned how to do my eyebrows. Which if you know me, is a big deal. I’ve wanted to learn ever since I began high school. I have this friend who taught me it all and just took me and my other inexperienced makeup friend shopping to figure out our shades and tones and it was really fun. I’d like to call myself an intermediate eyebrow artist lol.
- I got a haircut in the middle of the school term which I’ve never one. I usually get them done during the summer. Plus, I cut it past m comfort zone, which is at my shoulders, and it was a change but it was nice to just start over.
- I went to prom. I never planned on going to prom but the group of friends I befriended this year were actually real ones and one of my friends organized the whole thing from a party bus, to going to a restaurant, to going to IHOP at 3 am. But it was fun and a memorable night. And I definitely did not need a significant other to have fun. Screw that.
- I graduated high school! My high school days are over!!! I am washed clean! Lol but graduation was nice. It was nice to have all my friends and family. I definitely felt like I accomplished something big. And I did because I made it through all the good and BAD times. It was a battle but onto college…
- Please don’t ask me about college. I’m not sure at the moment. I still need to figure some stuff out.
- My grandma passed away two weeks ago. I cried when all my extended family was at the hospital. But at the funeral, I didn’t. I said a poem to her at the funeral. I didn’t cry because I know I still have the memory of her with me forever. And, as a Christian, I know that it won’t be the last time seeing her. She was definitely the best and the most loving.
But yeah, basically while I was gone I just enjoyed the last days of high school… enjoyed… counted down… same difference. But it wasn’t all misery. I had fun with some real friends as the days counted down. With them, prom and graduation were fun. I felt loved and I was happy.
I took a week away from life when my grandma passed and now here I am.
I kinda hate the summer at the moment. I don’t really like long breaks because they tend to be boring and of course, that’s when the darkness seeps in. I haven’t really done anything this summer. I want to get a job so we’ll see how that goes.
But hopefully, this isn’t a quick hello and goodbye. I won’t promise anything I’m unsure of. So let’s see where this awakening back from the blogging depths take us. It’s really great to be back, how have you guys been?